2. We took a load of cans and bottles over to the recycling plant and got $26! Not bad.
3. We used some of that cash to buy doughnuts tonight at DK's (they're cash only) and now there are doughnuts for breakfast tomorrow.
4. It's gotten to be pretty chilly weather again, almost too chilly! But I'm glad that really hot day a week or so ago was just a one-off and not the start of summer. I'm not ready for heat yet! (Or ever.)
5. Look at this sweetie Jasper all curled up and innocent looking!
Same as last week, The Invisible Library and The New Jim Crow, both of which I've made good progress on. I'm over halfway through The Invisible Library and about a quarter of the way through The New Jim Crow.
What did you recently finish reading?
I finally picked up my ipad and read some manga today! I think part of why I've been dragging my feet on manga is that I'm not hugely enjoying what I'm reading right now. I have several volumes of Saint Oniisan as I apparently hadn't read it in a few years, so I thought I'd read them all and get caught up, but I just don't love this series anymore. It's gone on too long and isn't nearly as funny as it was at first, but it's not like I completely hate it, so I don't just want to give it up either. There were a couple chapters in this one where I really did laugh out loud (the one with Jesus trying to get Buddha into Instagram was hilarious), but most of it was just kind of meh. On the one hand I want to read the next two volumes so I can be caught up and have one less folder on my ipad, but maybe I should take a break and read something else instead.
What do you think you'll read next?
Scrolling through what's on my ipad, apparently I have three volumes of Kimi in Todoke to catch up on, so I think I'll read those next and give Saint Oniisan a break!
2. Not only is tomorrow my usual day off, but I have Friday off as well! We are going to see a baseball game Friday night, so I was already planning to get off early, but then I thought, well, let me just see if I can take the whole day off, and there's not anything major going on, so I can!
3. We had gyoza and edamame for dinner. I never make them from scratch, just buy the bag of frozen ones, so it's really a pretty easy meal to make, and so delicious.
4. Look at this sweet sleepy Chloe!
Title: Love Buzz
Author: Shimura Takako
Publisher: Young King
Status in Japan: 3 volumes, complete
Scanlator: Megchan's Scanlations + Heterophobia Fansubs
Scanlation Status: Ongoing
More Info: Baka Updates
Summary: Five years ago, pro wrestler Fuji Kaoru disappeared one day before a match. Now she shows up at her old gym out of the blue, with a five-year-old daughter in tow. But not everyone is willing to welcome her back with open arms.
Chapter Summary: Fuji's family really wants to meet her ex.
Chapter 12: Do You Want to See Your Daddy?
*"Ooo, the schedule! Gotta look through that and see what we want to do!"
* :look look look: "That panel looks interesting...oh, and gotta do this...and can't skip the AMVs..."
* "...WHAT DO YOU MEAN, THEY'RE ALL SCHEDULED AT THE SAME TIME. DAMMIT."
(Brought to you by MomoCon scheduling the AMVs and the Yuri On Ice actor panel opposite each other. Along with three other panels that look fascinating. DAMMIT.)
2. I got another chapter of manga finished up tonight. I have several chapters out for typesetting, so hopefully one of those will be ready to post soon.
3. Last night and tonight I got in a lot of cuddling with Molly. She often comes up on my desk for pettings, but sometimes finds it hard to calm down and just get petted, but both nights she lay down on my desk and I was able to cuddle her as I petted and gave her lots of tummy scritchings too.
10.A song that makes you sad: 39 - Queen
It's a 1979 live recording so the sound is a bit scruffy. I grew up with LPs and transistor radios so scruffy sound is just right. But don't skip it for the sound. Freddie is wearing tight red pants.
Here's some better definition sadness for your ears: ( maybe more than one more )
RIP Roger Moore, I had a huge crush when I was a wee girl and I've had a soft spot ever since. You were wrong a about Idris Elba, of course.
Not Exactly Lerner & Loewe (7177 words) by Liviapenn
Fandom: The Persuaders
Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply
Relationships: Brett Sinclair/Danny Wilde
Additional Tags: Bickering, Flirting, 1970s, Jet-Setting Playboys In Love, Yuletide 2012, Horse Racing
Considering how picky His Lordship could be about the little things in life, and how little real hardship he'd ever actually lived through, Danny considered it his assigned mission in life to yank the guy's chain and ruffle his feathers every now and again.
If that maybe resulted, this time, in some other bits getting yanked and ruffled, well, Danny had no objection.
2. I had a pretty relaxing day off. Did some housework and translation and just chilled out.
3. I also played a little bit of Zelda, though not much. I decided I want to concentrate on farming stuff to upgrade my armor, so I wasn't doing anything super exciting. I haven't really been using the camera function much, but I figured it would be helpful to set a tracker for whatever I'm trying to farm at the moment, so I did get it out and take pictures of a few things. I needed like forty electric Lizalfos tails, lol. Thankfully those guys are all over the place in the desert so I'm down to just needing like ten more. I also got one more shrine quest done in the desert while I was there, and accidentally stumbled across another shrine, too. Just twelve shrines left to go!
4. Carla took a picture of me with Jasper. :)
2. I was worn out after work but still managed to get a chapter of manga translated tonight.
3. I love the way Chloe likes to chill with her arms stretched out like this.
We still went out to see GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 this afternoon, which I very much enjoyed. ( Cut just in case - I don't get into detailed spoilers, but for those as are still wary. )
9.A song that makes you happy: Grace Kelly - MIKA
I love the little girl in the yellow frock rocking out, like she's the singer's inner self, like she's me.
( That's Life - Megan Hilty & Katherine McPhee )
( music meme topics )
2. We've been trying to get back into the habit of taking a walk every night and have taken one every day for over a week. I'm really hoping we can keep this up.
3. Look at these two cutie snugglers!
I love you too. Now please stop trying to climb up and lie across my chest so I can't breathe. (More than I already can't breathe because bronchitis.) Try following your sister's example, and curl up next to me for a change! ...okay, stalking off and leaving the room is also an option.
THANK YOU FOR LIKING ME I LIKE YOU TOO. (Annual review! Positive results! And yes, I did say something very similar to this to my boss.)
Oh thank God you'll be home today. We can haz naptiem?