- Inspired by the song by Garth Brooks "The Storm." Short piece about heartache...
- Disclaimer: Well, actually I can't be bothered - so go ahead and sue me!
- Rating: NC-13ish
- It started well before they knew it could travel so far off hand. It started with an exchange of words ensuring their future and how they laced together.
- Besides, if you want canon, why the hell are you reading slash?
- Tom gets stuck in a hotdog costume at a ship's baseball game, and the usual nonsense ensues.
- Title: Angel's Deadly Spurt
- Tags: Im shit at rating shit but it has sex in it :/, Abrupt Ending, like theres a missing part
- There is mention of butchering dead livestock (briefly), so if you're PETA, no real animal was harmed in the writing of this story.
- Disclaimer: Same as always. M/m, Paramount, high oak tree, necktie party, broke as a church mouse, need a life, wish I was God Emperor of Dune, satisfied with little, needful of therapy, could lose a little weight, voted in the last election, got some back on the income tax, facing menopause with a brave smile, seeking enlightenment, wishing I had a handicapped parking sticker, glad I don’t need one, thinking summer isn’t for sissies, waiting for Godot, wondering who the hell he *really* is, not taking any wooden nickels, wondering if I could find any on ebay, wishing I was in Rome, knowing I’ll always have (Tom) Paris, and considering a tattoo. On my tongue.
- Lots of slush, also turbolift alert, shuttlecraft alert, cave alert.
- Rating: NC-17
Summary: Tom experiences a virgin birth on a pretechnological planet. The other parent is a spirit.
- Note: Bad, bad fic ahead. You've been warned.
- Summary: Chakotay goes to the holodeck to apologize to Tom, and finds him Stewing in a hot tub filled with...what *is* that stuff?
- WARNING: this is not a ‘pleasant’ story. Lot’s of nasty things happen, including (rape, torture, angst (in spades) and a gratuitous sheep reference. Definitely no snugglebunnies. And no, this is not a h/c story (or at least not in the traditional sense).
- Warnings: Not sure yet
- Will probably have more holes in the plot than a Swiss cheese and more mistakes than usual.
- Summary: A short tale of hot bodies for hire, lust crazed jealousy, a wager that goes wrong and most importantly, chocolate.
- Summary: The BDSM is imagined at the very most! I couldn't write a BDSM if my life depended on it.
- Don't read if you like fluffy, Canon based characters
- Summary: PWP. I think.
- Slave AU in which Bucky's just a young, virgin slave purchased by lovers Steve and Tony, who have a thing for young, virgin slaves.
- Warning: Does finger licking require a warning?
- Terribly OOC I know, but I wanted it to be fluffy, because I like fluff!
- We have bondage, Chakotay angst, and a little torture and perhaps something a little less than consensual, but not too bad.
And actually that one is probably still worse, to be fair, because at least Chakotay is an NDN character and was allowed to be the main character of this ep.
But so anyway, what happens in Voyager 2x02 "Initiations" is that Chakotay's shuttle is attacked by a 13-year-old Kazon alien who wants to kill him for infringing on their territory. (The Kazon are a tribal culture who wear lumpy foreheads and are painted red, and whose hair is in fuzzy afros with things sticking out of them.) The kid, who is played by the guy who played Nog, fails to kill Chakotay, who saves his life, and then they both get captured by the kid's tribe. The kid, because he failed to kill his designated coming-of-age prey, can now not become a man in his tribe.
The Kazon chief comes down and has a shouting match with Chakotay, who is trying to say that Voyager doesn't want to be these guys' enemy, and utters lines like:
"Everything you are is a threat to us... the Kazon fought long and hard for their independence from uniforms like yours"and
"Your uniforms... your laws... your technology... you are not welcome here."
Then Chakotay, THE SINGLE NDN CHARACTER IN THE SHOW (who is actually played by a Mexican American guy) and also a former ANTI-FEDERATION Maquis freedom fighter, is made to stand for the enlightened colonial culture in a split-screen nose-to-nose faceoff... with the angry anti-colonialist violent savage played by a white man in LITERALLY RED redface.
Chakotay thinks 4 small children approximating the ages of the kids from the Sound of Music have been called to the bridge to witness his execution, but it was actually to witness HIM killing the child who failed to kill him. He refuses and escapes, offering the kid the opportunity to flee with him rather than be executed, but the Kazon shoot down their shuttle and they land on the moon and have to stay overnight before being rescued by Voyager. (Chakotay offers the kid the opportunity to kill him in order to gain his adulthood but the kid decides to shoot the chieftain instead and everyone goes away happy except the dead chieftain.)
So anyway, I was thinking that the standoff between the redfaced 'savage' chief and the civilized Federation Chakotay was done deliberately - still gross, but it would have been making an attempt at commentary. However, then I looked the episode up on Wikipedia, and it seems that wasn't the case at all.
Executive producer Michael Piller was displeased with the depiction of the Kazon in Biller's first draft of the episode; where they were supposed to be analogous to street gangs in Los Angeles, they were instead "coming across as warmed-over Klingons." In addition to J[e]ri Taylor's already extensive notes on the draft, Piller suggested Biller get in touch with actual gang members or a police officer who could better clue the writer into street gang culture for the episode. Instead, Biller picked up a copy of Monsta, a book by convicted murderer and former gang member "Monsta" Cody. The book's insight into gang life and culture was a guiding light for Biller's second draft, which he worked up with Piller, endeavoring to set the Kazon apart "from Romulans, Cardassians, and Klingons." wikipedia
(This is probably the source of the symbolic coming-of-age kill, the shifting territories, and the emphasis placed on signs and insignia at the beginning of the episode.)
Michael Piller commented, "Here we were, on the first day of prep and Ken started rewriting that script based on my feelings that we had to get to the guts of what drove the Kazon and they had to be different from Romulans and Cardassians and Klingons." Piller concluded, "It was a choice of settling, or doing what I considered excellent work. The bottom line is we had a better show, because Ken did research."
This episode's story itself was a problematic one for director Winrich Kolbe. He explained, "Storywise it was not the most interesting show I've ever done. It was a push. My problem with the Chakotay character was that I wanted to forget the Indian aspect and make him the Maquis that he was supposed to be. I knew Chakotay would have to eventually cooperate on the ship, but I hoped he would do it unwillingly most of the time. I talked to the writers about it, why we weren't playing that conflict. They went with the Indian thing, which was kind of intriguing, but in my opinion, never paid off because it was done too subtly." memory alpha
I still find it hard to believe that the transposition of the NDN character - especially when the director explicitly underlines that they were "[going] with the Indian thing" - with the Kazon's anti-colonialist speech was accidental. But maybe emphasizing the word "uniforms" repeatedly was supposed to suggest encounters with police (which wouldn't make sense because the uniformed people the Kazon encounter aren't police with authority over them...)? But apparently the producers and writer regard their attempts to make the Kazon into street gangs as successful, and the episode simply an opportunity to develop Chakotay's background and give him some action scenes.
I... well. I don't cry easily, but I did lie limply on the sofa moaning "whyyyy is Hollywood" for a while.
- [Summary:] Then there is a short chapter at the end where it talks about a while after the fact.
- Summary: A detailed fucking porn story, okay?
- Bilbo enjoys Smaug's company too much, so he doesn't really care if Smaug won't even hold hid hand in front of his friends...or does he?
- Tags: fluffy, Hair Braiding, thorin's thoughts about you, it's kinda hot
Summary: Fili and Kili kind of messed up and their actions caused Thorin to lose something valuable. He's bitter but perhaps you can console him :)
- Tags: Fili/Kili Fili and Kili are NOT Brothers!
Summary: Freckles, by Gene Stratton-Porter has been my favorite book since I could read. I see Aidan so strongly in the role. The book has been out of print for decades and is nearly forgotten. It's such a sweet coming of age/romance that it deserves an audience. Begging your patience, I have changed only enough to make this a Hobbit AU. All of the story except for the characters and dialog that had to be changed for AU purposes is original. I have no right to edit Ms. Porter's writing and why disturb perfection?
Kili is an Irish orphan who was maimed as an infant and has only one hand. Too old to be able to stay at the orphanage he strikes out to find a job. He is hired to do one of the most difficult jobs - walking a 7 mile stretch through a huge forest and swamp alive with wild animals and not a few thieves who would steal the rare trees he is guarding. He has much to learn and to teach those around him. I think you will like this story if you give it a chance.
The setting is turn-of-the-Century Northern Indiana (US) when the land was still wild and a huge forest was called The Limberlost.
You may find the sentence structure and dialog archaic and a bit difficult at first. The book was first published in 1904.
I'm still o_O about the last one.
ETA: Google reveals it to be in the public domain, so at least it's not copyright violation, although it also obviously isn't fair use. It also isn't forgotten though, as it's been made into a movie 4 times, most recently in 1960, and the full text as well as an audiobook are available free in the first page of search results.
So what I want is an eyeshadow palette with at least 2, but no more than 4 warm neutrals that are all matte, and I have looked in 2 department stores, a specialty makeup store, and the enormous tax-free makeup section on the cruise ship to Stockholm with no real luck so far!
I don't actually want to pay high-end brand prices, but I looked at them anyway out of exasperation, and I didn't find what I was looking for from any of them. It seems like I may have to just buy matte singles and try to find a convenient way to carry them together, but they tend to be larger AND more expensive, which is a waste of both money and product since I use very little of it. :/
So I thought I'd ask just on the off chance that anyone has any recs. Via Twitter I just learned that Urban Decay has a new all-matte palette, but it's still more expensive than I want and bigger than I need.
- [Tags] Author Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings, Major Character Death, Underage, Tom Hiddleston/Reader, Smut, Mild Smut
[Summary] Sub-Teacher, to Teacher, to Discovering Maniac. An English Teacher Tom Hiddleston AU.
- I'll be posting the chapters out of order, as I'm opting for a more polished work.
- [Tags] like seriously major language/intellectual competency kink if that is even a thing, I made it a thing, it'll be YOUR thing too by the time I am done with you [Ed.: Wow. Good thing you came up with that intellectual competency kink. Fandom sure was missing out before this arrived.]
- [Tags] oh my god this is bad, i wrote it with a friend we were possibly high, I'm so sorry [Ed.: Is this one of the better or one of the worse excuses? I can't decide.]
- [Tags] Sexual Harassment, Underage Sex, Adorable
- [tags] some anal sex [Ed.: waxjism and I had an entire conversation about when this tag could be useful. Like, if you don't want anal sex, any amount is bad, and this will still trigger the filter. So is it for people who want anal sex, but only TONS of anal sex?]
- [tags] fic about pepsi cola and mentions of others [Ed.: I haven't read it, but I like to imagine the "others" are other colas. Like, Coke and then a couple of different store brands.]
- [End Notes:] see, this is part of a different thing, so it might not make sense (esp. with the thing about dave and john and stuff.) sorry about it. i`m not gonna answer any questions about it, because i might post it later.
- [End Notes:] *Note that I have no idea the mechanics of dick piercings or sex with them so...yeah*
- [Tags] This can be perceived as OC or Reader so whatever you want
[Summary] Hey first fanfic on here I'm a dumb
- No beta, didn't look for one, wouldn't know where to find one. They'd just make me correct errors.
- English high school AU.
- Words: 281
Summary: I have no words.
- Roleplay format. I've got no idea where this is going.
Table of Contents:
1. Wed: The Shoe Affair, The Mall that Cthulhu Built, and a Digression: Don't Try to Eat Vegan in Downtown Stockholm's Central Tourist Destinations
2. Thurs: Medieval Museum and Museum Tre Kronor
3. Fri: Drottninggatan and the Historical Museum
4. Sat: Kungsholmen
5. Sun: Gamla Stan and Gustav III's Antiquities Museum
6. Mon: National Gallery at the Academy of Fine Arts and St Clara's Church
( Read more... )
My photo posts from my photoblog at Tumblr: Walking in Gamla Stan - On the Street & in the Church - The Medieval Museum - The Historical Museum - Plaster statues at the Academy of Fine Arts
- Written on my phone, so please excuse any mistakes.
- [Tags] hell yeah, Romance, i was reading lolita when i got inspiration for this, but the age difference isnt so disgusting, SO, yeah - Freeform
- [Tags] Does this count as watersports?, They frickle frackle in the hot springs, SO, This is my first porn-fic, I've lost my porn-fic virginity
- [Tags] Like not at the moment though, Mentions of: - Character, Weird starting and probably a terribly put together story, Another song fic, Dimmed emotions, I think that's it - Freeform, Edit in the morning
- [Tags] what would you call mild fondling in the cinema, idk - Freeform, i take it back its not mild fondlig, Smut, Blow Jobs, i hate that word :///
I tried to do a package upgrade instead of a clean install so we wouldn't have to do that this time, but it didn't work (there's a problem with the Nvidia drivers, but it might not have been the only problem). So I have had to assume remote control of my dad's elderly Frankencomputer which is running Windows 7 (a computer that old should NEVER be running Windows 7 *shudder*, but it's a work computer and connects to their internal network, so it has to be) in order to create a bootable USB stick. Which I've done 2.5x now, the first attempt having failed.
This means we've attempted to boot from USB, and navigated the boot menu, several times, and it's going a lot more smoothly now that my mom has a smartphone. She takes a couple of snapshots of the screen and sends them to me with WhatsApp and then I can tell her what to do.
And Team Viewer is still really great. Highly recommended for long-distance troubleshooting and other within-operating-system technical support.
- This was suppose to be a straight up drug fic, but it turned into angst.
- [Tags] Small Penis, Codependency, Aftermath of Torture
- Unbeated, so feel free to let me know of any mistakes you see. Also forgive the lack of indention. Ao3 took them away when I pasted it.
- [Tags] Masturbation, masturbation failures, crying your way through masturbation failures
- Stiles has what he's always secretly wanted - he's in a relationship with Derek and he's one of Derek's betas - but all that gets turned upside down when Gerard kidnaps him and his unexpected baby.
This post contains more contributions from waxjism than usual, and I don't credit her contributions in general because we are legally one entity, but if they look familiar you might follow one or both of us on Twitter, or be reading the same fandom as her.
- Plus a couple of mixed playlists, my favorite Weird Al tracks1 and a few random earworms that I bought after watching Vividcon vids.
It currently contains -
- Great Ladies of Jazz and Great Ladies Sing the Blues, my favorite compilations (That's my actual #1 and #2 desert island record, and has been for ~15 years)
- My Chemical Romance (TBP & Danger Days) & FOB (Folie a Deux & Save Rock and Roll)
- The Killers - Battle Born, Day & Age, and Hot Fuss
- Janelle Monáe, Florence and the Machine, Ellie Goulding, Marina & the Diamonds
- Tegan & Sara - Heartthrob
- Alex Winston - King Con (Detroit indie retro pop)
- Gold Motel (this is Greta's post-Hush Sound solo project, and my phone contains all the tracks except a couple of covers)
- I:Scintilla - Optics and Dying & Falling (Chicago indie industrial metal electronica)
- Kent - En plats i solen, Jag är inte rädd för mörkret & Röd (Swedish rock band) (Oh apparently they have a new album I should buy)
- Chisu - Kun Valaistun & Vapaa ja Yksin (A Finnish pop singer-songwriter)
- A Tribe Called Red - A Tribe Called Red and Nation II Nation (3 Canadian NDN djs who remix native music, it's awesome)
1. I have to sing Hardware Store every time one comes up in conversation, The Saga Begins when I think about The Phantom Menace, and Pretty Fly for a Rabbi whenever someone says "Oi" and it reminds me of "Oy vey"
- [Tags] A Complete Clusterfuck, Like, Good Luck Reading This, If You Understand Any of it You Get Ten Cookies
- Is it a fic? Yes. Is it a good one? Depends on your standards.
- Updated: Found the time to finally make paragraph breaks.
- [Notes:] short chapters coz theyre more poetic????
- Notes: It's not in second person pov, I promise. I switch it to third within a few paragraphs. No worries, mates. Enjoy~
- Higher education (every other first-world country manages for it to not be a giant scam)
- The prison system (for-profit prisons, racial inequality, prisoner abuse)
- Law enforcement (racism, misogyny, corruption)
- The entire criminal justice apparatus (i.e. further gaps between reported and prosecuted crimes, jury verdicts like the Trayvon Martin case)
- Any and all types of social security (i.e. it is almost nonexistent)
- Military spending (why is it greater than the next ten biggest spenders put together and why is it STILL INCREASING)
- Disgracefully shitty treatment of actual military veterans (even more nauseating when you look at the amount of faux-patriotic jingoism spewed by the same conservatives who don't want to care for vets)
- Gun control (every other first-world country is managing a lot better)
- Campaign finance (enough said)
- Banks (Wall Street, discriminatory loan practices)
- Real estate market (still horrifyingly enforcing segregation)
- Public education (it sucks, it's under-financed, and all the test-focused policies are just making it worse)
- Regulation of food and food labelling (meat and milk pumped full of antibiotics and hormones, shoddy hygiene and inspection, known carcinogens that are used anyway and which manufacturers aren't required to warn about)
- Medicine (hospital management and doctor salaries but also the med school system)
- Public transport (largely missing)
- Minimum wage (outrageously low)
I saw a post about the mass shooting epidemic, something like "There's nothing we can do, says the only country where this regularly happens", and it got me thinking... this attitude is basically true of almost every area of public policy I can think of.
After having lived in Finland for 10 years, I can only think of 3 areas of public policy where the US is better:
- The US government will not stop you from naming your child what you want to name it, even if it's a non-traditional name. The Finnish government, in contrast, doesn't allow made-up names or names of the wrong gender and you have to make a case to a judge sometimes even to borrow one from another language or country.
- US public schools do not have bible school. But on the other hand, Finnish schools only give this schooling by default to children whose names are already registered by their parents with the church (by virtue of having been baptized there). I mean, I still don't think they should do it; I highly doubt that the elementary teacher education conveys enough expertise to qualify the average teacher to teach it, but if it did, the awful anti-Semitic textbook would be automatic fail anyway.
- A murderer sentenced to life in prison in the US is less likely to be released back into society where he can kill again. This is mostly a side-effect, though, of the fact that he's likely to be put to death (which is bad). There is no such thing as life in prison without parole in Finland (or Sweden or Norway for that matter). The maximum sentence here is... I forget, 20 years or something? The prison/hospital for the criminally mentally ill is the only way and I'm not sure it's even guaranteed. ... And murderers aside, the US tends to let violent and dangerous criminals out to stab and assault again all the time, even though the prisons are stuffed with young black men innocent of anything but, like, driving while black or possessing weed. Plus domestic abusers who attempt to kill their spouses, or who do kill their spouses, tend to be released quickly (or let off scot-free), so it's not like the system actually works in any systematic way.
this was meant to be short HAH bluh
this isn't beta'd
i just went through the story and fixed a few mistakes because my life is sad and i have nothing better to do
- [Summary]: theres more to this- email me for the rest of this! this is only a story idea. if you want more of it (for you to write) contact me
- There are tastes of mouths you could not have lived without
- So this was finally it. He was being escorted by an armed guard through a pair of double doors and into actual prison. Where he would be sharing living quarters with convicted killers, probably. Stiles may have been a bit of a badass in his own right, but he was still just a 16 year old kid, he used to be an honor student for fuck's sake, how was he supposed to deal with this?
[tags] Prison, First Time, Humor
- this is the complete song from Ori's pet life. It's simply a re-edit of Simon and Garfunkel's The Sound of Silence for two reasons. One being that I really like this song and felt that it worked for his mindset in this story, and two I can not wright songs. I can tweak them but I can't write them.
The headline that set me off was this tweet:
@pinknews: "STUDY: Straight women judge emotions and thoughts better than lesbian women"
In a nutshell, their sample was only 67 straight women and 43 lesbians. All the straight women were psychology undergrads from their university with a mean age of 19, while the gay test subjects were recruited via fliers in cafes/the internet and the top of their age range was over 30.